KNEE PAIN/OSTEO ARTHRITIS
This is most common in the old and middle age groups.Knee joint is formed by four bones namely tibia , fibula , femur and patella.ANY of the above four bone may be involved causing knee joint pain.
Causes of knee pain according to different age groups
YOUNG and MIDDLE AGE
- STRAIN of muscle surrounding a knee may lead to knee joint pain. One of the reason for muscle strain is because of overexertion of knee joint.
- SPRAIN of ligament- LIGAMENT connects different bones in knee joint. When anyone of the ligament gets sprained [ligament tear] because of overexertion then the individual may experience pain
- TENDON is a structure which connects muscel with bone, when this tendon is inujred at knee joint space then one may experience pain
- Commonest cause of knee pain in old age individuls are osteoarthritis or degenerative disease of knee joint bones. As age advances the calcium level decreases and as a result bone shows degenerative changes.
- In women due to hormonal fluctuation and calcium deficiency in post menopausal stage females suffer from joint pains
- Knee pain may also be due to less physical movement.
- Using knee caps to support knee joint while walking.
- Doing regular exercise
- Taking calcium rich diet like milk, egg , leafy vegetables
- Using calcium supplement medicines
Homeopathic intervention done at the right stage can give significant relief from pain and swelling. This system of medicine has an edge over the conventional pain killers by providing relief which is not short-lived but has a lasting effect. There is another distinct advantage; it stops further damage to the cartilage thereby controlling the advancement of the disease.