- Seborrhea is a common form of skin eczema that occurs in parts of the body with high oil (sebum) production.
- Body areas that are commonly affected include the scalp, ears, face, chest, and folds of skin.
- One common manifestation of seborrhea that affects the scalp is dandruff. Scalp seborrhea can also present as thick, flaky, localized patches of scale.
- Dandruff is a common, inflammatory skin condition that causes flaky, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas such as the scalp or inside the ear. It can occur with or without reddened skin
- Over production of skin oil and irritation from yeast.
- Seborrheic dermatitis appears to run in families.
- Weather conditions
- Oily skin, Obesity increases dandruff
In general, symptoms of seborrheic dermatitis include:
- Skin lesions
- Plaques over large area
- Greasy, oily areas of skin
- Skin scales -- white and flaking, or yellowish, oily, and adherent -- "dandruff"
- Itching -- may become more itchy if infected
- Mild redness
- Hair loss
- Medicated anti dandruff shampoos.
- Anti fungal treatment orally
- Creams to apply
We have been able to help numerous patients suffering with dandruff. Over a period of time our homeopathic remedies not only get rid of the existing dandruff but ensure that it does not come back.